There are some places throughout Niagara and Canada that offer support for people who are pregnant (classes, prenatal vitamins, etc), but purposefully mislead clients and provide false information. These are called Crisis Pregnancy Centres and they are Christian organizations that target vulnerable populations.
There are four Crisis Pregnancy Centres in Niagara that should be avoided. They are:
- South Niagara Life Centre Ministries – Fort Erie and Port Colbourne (two locations)
- Grimsby Life Centre – Grimsby
- Niagara Life Centre – St. Catharines
- Clarity Pregnancy Options – Welland and St. Catharines (two locations)
- Previously known as Elisha House
- They also run Insight Biblical Counselling and work with Unborn Images 3D 4D Ultrasound Studio.
As many pregnant folks seeking abortion are often referred to Hamilton, here is a list of CPC’s in the area to avoid.
- Hamilton Right to Life
- Birthright Hamilton
- Atwell Centre – Hamilton
- Project Rachel (Diocese of Hamilton)
Be careful when seeking support. Check out this page to find out how to identify organizations that you may want to avoid.