Niagara Reproductive Justice can help connect you to an abortion doula in the region. The doula is a Full-Spectrum Doulas who has lived experience with abortion and navigating the process as a queer person. They offer trauma-informed, gender-affirming care rooted in reproductive justice and are available for virtual and in-person appointments. They can also help with transportation to appointments as far as Toronto. They offer a pay-what-you-can model, and do not turn people away due to lack of funds.
Please email email@example.com to get connected.
What can an abortion doula do?
- Support you with information and advocacy before your experience
- Support you (if desired) with company and information during your experience
- Support you mentally and physically following the experience
- Meet you where you’re at without judgement or shame.
What is an abortion doula?
- Shares resources + options for contraception, if desired
- Maintains your privacy with the utmost care
- Holds space for you to talk about your experience
- Educates + supports you through abortion aftercare
- Offers individualized practical support + emotional support
- Helps you navigate conversations with healthcare providers
- Provides evidence-based information + resources on abortion options.
- This is a Facebook group founded by two therapists to support people at any stage of an abortion journey. If considering joining, please read through the group description and rules. For your privacy, only group members can see the member list but you can consider creating an alternate account to join.
- Note: This group is working on inclusivity but members sometimes use gendered language.