Niagara Reproductive Justice can help connect you to an abortion doula in the region. The doula is a Full-Spectrum Doulas who has lived experience with abortion and navigating the process as a queer person. They offer trauma-informed, gender-affirming care rooted in reproductive justice and are available for virtual and in-person appointments. They can also help with transportation to appointments as far as Toronto. They offer a pay-what-you-can model, and do not turn people away due to lack of funds.
Please email email@example.com to get connected.
What can an abortion doula do?
- Support you with information and advocacy before your experience
- Support you (if desired) with company and information during your experience
- Support you mentally and physically following the experience
- Meet you where you’re at without judgement or shame.
What is an abortion doula?
- Shares resources + options for contraception, if desired
- Maintains your privacy with the utmost care
- Holds space for you to talk about your experience
- Educates + supports you through abortion aftercare
- Offers individualized practical support + emotional support
- Helps you navigate conversations with healthcare providers
- Provides evidence-based information + resources on abortion options.
More Abortion Doulas #
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Area: Hamilton (will come to Niagara, ideally travel gets covered at $30/trip)
- Abortion doula support includes continuous emotional support, informational support and assistance finding local resources, and in-person support such as accompaniment to appointment(s) and aftercare support. Support available in-person and virtually, regardless of your location.
- Donation based pricing, queer, non-binary. Lara usually does a combo of in-person and virtual care (ex. accompanying someone to an appointment but providing before and after care remotely).
- Contact: email@example.com
- Area: Hamilton & surrounding area (will come to Niagara if transportation is covered)
- Abortion support certified by Birth Mark. Provides support in making an appointment as well as joining you during the procedure, providing emotional, physical, as well as informational support.
- Pay what you can.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Area: Crystal Beach/Niagara
- Teaisha is an experienced, racialized doula who is open to conducting abortion doula services.
- Fee is dependent on client needs but they can provide physical & emotional support, a nourishing meal, light housework, breathing exercises to help with any pain, etc.
- $400 for virtual support.
Birth Mark (Hamilton & Toronto)
- Contact: Fill out this form
- For questions, email email@example.com
- Free abortion doula support. Please review their website (linked above) for more information about the different types of support they can provide.
- They also offer support specifically for BIPGM (Black, Indigenous, and People of the Global Majority) and 2SLGBTQIA+ folks.